I really wanted to do some kind of easy easter cookie. Something that screamed Spring is here without having to pull out all my decorating stuff and taking two days to make.
I made funfetti cookies a while back that sort of turned out but weren’t fabulous enough to write about. So I left them off the blog. But they were close enough that I decided to return to the recipe and make a couple little adjustments that I was pretty sure would fix things.
These cookies were so fabulous that I was glad I shot them as soon as they were cool enough to come off the pan because the second I was done with them – they got eaten.
All of them.
They were soft and chewy and sugary and full of Spring.
- 1 cup Butter, Room Temperature
- 1-¼ cup Sugar
- 2 teaspoons Vanilla Extract
- 1 teaspoon Almond Extract
- 1 whole Egg
- ¼ cup plain yogurt
- 2-½ cups Flour
- ¼ cups Cornstarch
- ¾ teaspoons Baking Soda
- ½ teaspoons Salt
- 2 cups crushed Robin's Eggs
- Preheat the oven to 375˚
- Cream together the butter and sugar on medium high speed until light and fluffy, about 3-4 minutes.
- Lower the speed of the mixer to low and add the extracts, egg and yogurt. Mix until combined and smooth.
- In another bowl, whisk together the flour, cornstarch, baking soda and salt.
- Pour the flour mixture into the butter mixture and mix on low until combined.
- Add the robin's eggs and mix once or twice to mix them in.
- Then scoop nice round little mounds onto a cookie sheet - I like to use a scoop that is 1½ tablespoons.
- Bake about 8-9 minutes, they should be fairly flattened and just barely golden at the bottoms.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool on the tray about 6-7 minutes and then remove to a cooling rack until completely cooled.
Original recipe adapted from: http://www.twopeasandtheirpod.com
Latest posts by Megan (see all)
- Triple Chocolate Mousse Brownies - March 4, 2015
- Let’s Talk Superfood’s….A Few You Might Not Have Thought Of. - March 2, 2015
- Grain and Sugar Free Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins - February 27, 2015