I have been down with a cold so I actually made this a few days ago but haven’t really been doing anything but surviving so I forgot to post it. Whoops!
Anyway, this is super simple with the salmon being baked and then you just have to make a simple white sauce to accompany it. I had it ready to eat in about 15 minutes.
What else is there to say?
- 2 lb salmon filet with skin on
- course sea salt
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 cup heavy cream
- ½ cup white wine
- kosher salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- chives for serving
- Preheat your oven to 450˙.
- Place the filet, skin side down on a roasting pan, sprinkle with sea salt and place in oven, bake until flakes apart with a fork, about 15 minutes.
- While the fish is cooking, place the butter in a small saucepan over medium heat. Melt and cook until the butter browns, watch it carefully and swirl the pan as you go, it will turn fairly quickly and you don't want it completely burnt, just a light brown color.
- Once the butter turns, add the flour and stir then quickly add the heavy cream and wine.
- Stir the sauce until slightly thickened then remove from heat and add some salt and pepper to taste.
- Remove the salmon from the oven and serve with a little of the sauce drizzled over the top and use some kitchen scissors to snip a few chives over the top.
This post is linked to Sunday School at Butter Believer!
Latest posts by Megan (see all)
- Cotton Candy Cupcakes - March 27, 2015
- Super Easy Super Tasty Egg Casserole - March 25, 2015
- Post-Workout Protein: Why you need it and how to get it. - March 23, 2015