This is actually a very similar recipe to another salad I have on here but it’s super easy to put together and we absolutely fell in love with it. I have recently discovered a very, very deep and passionate love of sheep feta, so I put that on.
Something about the texture of the sheep cheese is just so perfect. It is much smoother than other fetas. I don’t think I’ll ever go back. One of my other passions, when it comes to food, is the combination of sweet and savory as is the case here with the berries, the balsamic reduction and the chicken.
I can’t control myself once I start eating it.
- 1 cup pecans
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1½ cups pomegranate preserves
- 1 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons fresh rosemary
- 5oz baby spinach
- ½ cup crumbled feta cheese
- ½ pound mixed berries
- Preparation Instructions
- Preheat the oven to 325˙. Place the pecans on a baking sheet lined with parchment or a silpat mat and drizzle with maple syrup and brown sugar, toss until completely coated.
- Bake for 10 minutes, then remove from oven and set aside then turn the heat up 350˙.
- Next in an oven proof skillet (I like to use cast iron) brown the chicken on both sides, about 3 minutes. Set the chicken aside and add the balsamic, preserves and rosemary to the pan and simmer until reduced a little, about 3 minutes. Add the chicken back into the skillet, coat with the sauce and place the skillet in the oven, cover and bake until chicken is cooked through, about 15-20 minutes.
- Once the chicken is cooked, remove from the oven. Remove chicken from skillet and slice into pieces.
- To place, arrange spinach, berries, chicken, candied pecans and feta on four plates and drizzle with some of the sauce.
Thanks for the recipe: http://sabrina-eatdrinkandbemerry.blogspot.com/2011/07/pomegranate-glazed-chicken-with-spinach.html