I had to laugh when I read the blog post where I found this recipe. Alice at Savory Sweet Life was describing how she came up with this one, it went some like, she was in a rush and meant to dump thyme on the chicken but in the process of rubbing the herb on the chicken discovered she had dumped dill on so she decided to just play it up and added lemon as if she were seasoning fish.
I love it!
I am so glad to hear I am not the only one who does things like that – not that it always works out, but in this case I am so glad it did!
Yum, yum, yummm….
This was super easy and quick to throw together. I think there was about 10 minutes MAX of prep time.
4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
juice from 1 medium lemon
2 teaspoons dill
1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
1. Place your skewers in a dish of water to soak.
2. Preheat your grill to medium-high.
3. Cut up the chicken breasts into chunks or strips, whatever you prefer.
4. Place chicken in a large bowl and toss with olive oil, lemon juice, dill, salt and pepper.
5. Skewer the chicken and place on the hot grill.
6. Cook on both sides until opaque and slightly firm to the touch.
7. Serve hot