I love this recipe. It is simple, it is delicious and comes together in a snap – just remember you do need to marinade it for the most flavor. It has this wonderful lemony, herb-y flavor and is tender and juicy.
If you are putting the chicken in the marinade the day you are going to cook it, it works really well to slice the chicken in half so you have two thin slices. It will absorb more of the flavor in less amount of time.
This is also a great freezer meal. Just follow the recipe and once you have everything in the bag, place it in the freezer. No need to let it sit in the marinade first, it will marinade as it thaws.
I also love slicing up the leftovers and using it for sandwich meat. Super tasty!
- 8 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut in half horizontally so they are very thin
- 1 cup extra virgin olive oil
- ¾ cup chardonnay
- juice from one lemon
- 2 tablespoons fresh rosemary
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- salt and pepper
- In a large ziploc bag combine all the ingredients and marinate for at least 2 hours (if less than 8 hours slice the chicken if half lengthwise so you have 2 thin pieces of chicken).
- Grill over medium-high heat about 7-8 minutes per side (if you sliced it thin, about 3-4 minutes per side), turning halfway through to get the grill marks if you want them. Serve hot.