When I first came up with this recipe I was going to follow a recipe I got from a friend but when it came down to actually making dinner, the computer was dead and I was feeling a bit lazy and didn’t feel like unplugging the cord and moving it and bla bla bla.
So I winged the whole thing AND it actually turned out really good. I have found the key to a great lasagna is not adding a lot of the cheese mixture and adding extra sauce keeps it very moist and yummy.
I have been making it ever since because I just love how completely easy it is to throw together.
- 2 chicken breasts, cooked and finely chopped or shredded (leftover chicken works wonderfully)
- 1 box lasagna noodles
- 1¼ 32oz jars of Classico Tomato and Basil spaghetti sauce (or your favorite kind)
- 8oz whole milk ricotta cheese
- 8oz shredded mozzarella or diced fresh mozzarella
- ½ cup shredded fresh parmesan
- 2 cups fresh spinach, chopped
- 8 or so crimini mushrooms, sliced
- 1 egg
- Preheat oven to 400º.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine ricotta cheese, mozzarella, parmesan, spinach, mushrooms and egg.
- In a 9x13 pan, pour a little of the spaghetti sauce and spread it around so the first layer of noodles don’t stick.
- Next cover as much of the bottom of the pan with the dry lasagna noodles, using your fingers drop tablespoon sized drops of the cheese mixture all over, remember you don’t want to much on there or the lasagna will be dry, you wont necessarily use all the cheese but do what looks right to you.
- Then put half the chopped or shredded chicken on and then spoon the spaghetti sauce all over and spread so everything is evenly coated.
- Put another layer of noodles over the top and repeat.
- On the very top you’ll end with noodles, spread a bit of sauce over the top and cover with foil.
- Bake for about 40 minutes or until warm and bubbly.
- Remove the foil and add about another handful of either parmesan or mozzarella all over the top and bake for another 10 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool about 10 minutes before serving.
Latest posts by Megan (see all)
- Let’s Talk Superfood’s….A Few You Might Not Have Thought Of. - March 2, 2015
- Grain and Sugar Free Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins - February 27, 2015
- Mexican Chicken Salad - February 25, 2015